Monday 30 November 2020

Spelling 5 - Treasure Hunt

Today's spelling strategy is all about searching for your words in books, newspapers, magazines or on the TV! It is about recognising your words in different places and not just in your spelling list! 

Watch the video and see if it will help you learn this weeks spellings! 


I love treasure hunts! I really enjoyed looking for my spelling list in the video! 

Here is a picture of what I found on my treasure hunt! 

I wonder if you can find these high frequency words on your treasure hunt!

  1. a
  2. are
  3. asked
  4. called
  5. come
  6. Mr 
  7. Mrs
  8. said
  9. people
  10. up
Now here is a challenge! 

Can you find these Year 3 and 4 spellings in your treasure hunt?

  1. although
  2. answer
  3. believe
  4. busy
  5. centre
  6. circle 
  7. favourite
  8. group
  9. often
  10. through
Have fun searching for words!! 
Let me know what you thought of this strategy below!👇

No comments:

Post a Comment