Monday 1 March 2021

Miss Jaffary's maths- Addition by counting on

Happy Monday year 3, just another week to go before you are learning and having fun in your classrooms. 

Copy and paste the maths video below to help you with your learning and don't forget to answer your questions in your exercise books!

https://vimeo.com/490879463

Vocabulary focus

Addition is commutative which means the order of the sum does not change the answer. So for example 12+4 or 4+12 would give you the same answer. 

But 

Why would it be more efficient to start with 12+4 rather than 4+12?

Activate-

I have the sum 13+7

Tom thinks I should include 13 when I am adding this.

Luca thinks I should not include 13 when I am adding.

What do you think?

Comment below and explain your answer!

Tip: Remember with addition you are adding to what you already have.



No comments:

Post a Comment